Disclosure 1 Publicly available information
The information provided in this disclosure document is important.
Licence status and conditions
Nicholas Green (Nick Green) FSP61521, trading as Nick Green Financial Services and Mortgage Connect holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) to provide a financial advice service.
Nature and scope of the financial advice given
Nick Green provides advice to his clients about their Personal Insurance, Mortgages and Investments needs.
I provide a financial advice service from a large range of providers about:
- Personal Insurance- Life, Trauma, Disability, mortgage protection, health and total and permanent Disability. Key person, business overheads and group cover.
- Mortgages- home loans, top ups, investment properties and reverse mortgages. Debt reduction.
- Investments- KiwiSaver, managed investments and whole of life/insurance savings products. Retirement planning.
I do not provide advice on fire and general products, pension transfers or foreign exchange transfers however, I can refer these to an industry specialist.
Any financial advice provided on my behalf will take account only of the information you have given us about your particular needs, financial situation or goals.
Fees, expenses or other amounts payable for my financial advice
I do not charge any fees, expenses or any other amounts for financial advice given to you for Personal Insurance, Mortgages, or KiwiSaver, however in making an investment plan, there could be a fee which would be agreed upon, before any work started.
The following outlines how I get paid for my work:
Initial Commission, on Personal Insurance as a percentage of the premium, for Mortgages a percentage of the amount borrowed and for Investments a fee if agreed upon for the work required, and
Ongoing commission as a percentage of the premium for Insurance, a percentage for any outstanding loan amount, and a percentage of the value of your investment balance.
For referring clients to other industry specialists, for example fire and general, pension transfers, or foreign exchange I am paid a fee/commission.
If Nick Green recommends any insurance policies for you, you will be informed of the costs of the policies.
Conflicts of interest and commissions or other incentives
For Insurance, Mortgages, and Investments, Nick Green will receive commissions from the companies on whose policies or products he gives advice, as well as referring business.
To ensure that I prioritise the client’s interest above their own, I follow an advice process that ensures my recommendations are made on the basis of the client’s goals and circumstances. I undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. I undertake a compliance audit, and a review of my compliance programme annually by a reputable compliance consultancy firm.
Internal complaints process
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of the financial advice you have received from us, you may contact us using any of the following means:
- in writing: Complaints Officer, Nick Green Financial Services/Mortgage Connect, P.O. Box 690, Levin 5540
- by telephone: 06 3688175
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When I receive a complaint, I will consider it following my internal complaints process:
- I will consider your complaint and let you know how I intend to resolve it. I may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- I aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them. If I can’t, I will contact you within that time to let you know I need more time to consider your complaint.
- I will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether I can resolve your complaint and how I propose to do so.
- If I can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way I propose to do so, you can contact the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman.
Dispute resolution process
If my internal complaints process does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact my external independent dispute resolution scheme. This service is free and may help investigate or resolve the complaint.
I am a member of the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman, approved dispute resolution scheme. You can contact the Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman:
Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman
Level 8, Shamrock House, 79-81 Molesworth Street
Telephone: 04 499 7612
Nick Green has duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that he gives advice. I am required to:
- give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure my advice isn’t materially influenced by my own interests.
- exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.
- meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that I have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure I treat you as I should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that I have. More information is available by contacting me, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
The Code of Conduct standards can be read here: https://www.fma.govt.nz/assets/assets/code-of-professional-conduct-for-f....
It is understood that any information gathered for this service is personal and will be kept confidential and secure.
The Privacy Act 2020 gives you the right to request access to, and correction of, your personal information.
Information provided by you or any authorised agent, will be used by me, members of my staff and third-party organisations that support my business, for the purpose of providing advice and service to you. It may also be used by:
- The Financial Markets Authority;
- Insurance, Mortgage and Investment providers;
- Compliance consultants or claims assessors who may need access to such information; and
- Other professional advisers such as solicitors, accountants, mortgage advisers, financial planners when such services are required to complement this advice and as requested by you.
The information will be held by Nick Green at his offices and within cloud based systems such as Outlook 365, OneDrive, and other systems necessary to provide you with the advice and service given.
Nick Green FSP61521, trading as Nick Green Financial Services and Mortgage Connect is the Licensed Financial Advice Provider.
You can contact me at:
Nick Green Financial Services/Mortgage Connect
P.O. Box 690, Levin 5540